Friday, April 3, 2009

Sorry I've been gone so LONG!!

So I thought I would be just amazing at blogging but when life hits you full force in the gut it is really hard to recover from that. Without boring you with all the "gory" details I will say that life is starting to feel normal again.

MacKenna was recently diagnosed with PDD-Nos(Pervasive Developmental Disorder and it is on the autism spectrum) and has begun medication to help with the symptoms. We are continuing her physical therapy for her "in-toeing" and her speech therapy for her all ready significant delays. We are adding occupational therapy once a month until school is out for scheduling and insurance purposes but will hit it heavy twice a week come June. We are beginning to see a difference in her and when she overcomes obstacles we cry. For example when she initiated play with a group of kids and didn't freak out was awesome. We now just have to be STRICT schedule people which unfortunately Aaron and I aren't that way at all. We have had to learn that "spur of the moment" leads to melt downs and the days of the "high school kid" babysitting have pretty much vanished. We are learning and growing as a family but have great hopes that there will come a day that she will overcome ALL of her delays and no one (except all of you reading this blog right now) will ever know that she ever had any problems. We have been blessed with an awesome support group and a therapy facility that is simply AMAZING!

Peyton is growing like a WEED!! I really should stop watering him! He will be 9 months this Sunday and has discovered he is mobile this past month. He began rolling over both ways, sitting up, and now he does the cutest "inchworm" crawl I have ever seen. He has always HATED being on his belly and so I figure that was the reason for the "roll over delay." So no army crawling for him. He gets up off his belly and looks just like an inchworm. He says "da-da-da-da-da" ALL the time. He absolutely thinks his big sister is the funniest thing on this planet. She can just walk by and he'll start smiling. He also began eating cereal and baby food and does really well with them. Peas, however, are NOT his favorite! Daddy says "That's my boy!"

I am ready for the weather to stay nice because both our kids love being outside and that is something (especially me being the "non-outside" girl) to instill in our children is a love for the outdoors. I am hoping that I will begin to redevelop a love with it myself. I'm not sure what happened in my life to change my opinion of it. So this is something I am wanted to correct.

Well I am making a commitment to update more often. If you get to wondering just shoot me an email saying "Haven't blogged in a while." I'll get the message! Hopefully it won't be another 2-3 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment